- International Environment House 2, Geneva
- 14 Jun 2022
The war in Ukraine has played out not just on the battlefield – with disastrous consequences for the lives of millions of people – but also in international legal squabbles, from the World Trade Organization to the International Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights. These legal conflicts have intensified and broadened into a larger confrontation between Russia and the West.
In this in-person session, Ukrainian legal experts will analyze the international legal dimensions of the conflict, from the sanctions and counter sanctions employed by the West and Russia to the legal implications of the extensive energy infrastructure connecting Russia, Ukraine, and Western Europe, and the role of the international courts and institutions in which the conflict plays out.
- Dmitry Grozoubinski, Executive Director, Geneva Trade Platform
- Daryna Abbakumova, Associate Professor, Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University
- Iryna Bogdanova, Fellow at the World Trade Institute (WTI), University of Bern
- Olesia Kryvetska, Counsel, Asters