- Organized by:
- The Geneva Trade Platform and the UNECE
- Virtual Meeting (Zoom)
- 08 Dec 2020
- Start time:
Organized by UNECE in partnership with the Geneva Trade Platform | A Side Event of the World Circular Economy Forum
How are transition economies working to foster a circular economy model, producing more efficiently, polluting less and reusing more? What best practices can they share? What challenges remain?
Hear perspectives and insight from high-level speakers from North Macedonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Serbia, the UNECE and the Institute for European Environmental Policy.
Scheduled speakers will include:
- Ms. Olga Algayerova, UN Under-Secretary-General, Executive Secretary, UNECE
- H.E. Mr. Kreshnik Bekteshi, Minister of Economy, North Macedonia
- H.E. Ms. Nino Tandilashvili, Deputy Minister of Environment Protection and Agriculture, Georgia
- Mr. Olzhas Sartaev, CEO of Special Economic Zone “Park of Innovative Technologies” in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Ms. Aleksandra Vucinic, Head of Group for Circular and Green Economy, Ministry of Environmental Protection, Serbia
- Ms. Marianne Kettunen, Head of Programme, Institute for European Environmental Policy (IEEP)
The Geneva Trade Platform thanks Sergey Popov for financial contribution to this project.