- Organized by:
- The Geneva Trade Platform and the UNECE
- Virtual Meeting (Zoom)
- 15 Dec 2020
- Start time:
Core Trade Issues, Trade and...
COVID-19 saw the global economy severely disrupted by supply and demand shocks, a drop off in foreign direct investment (FDI) and new barriers to trade at and behind the borders. These disruptions have also had significant implications on the way global value chains (GVCs) operate. Transition economies, including those least integrated into the global economy, were significantly affected.
This webinar jointly organized by the UNECE and the Geneva Trade Platform, and simultaneously translated into Russian, will provide insights from leading experts into trends in trade and FDI flows and recent developments in GVCs operation globally and in the UNECE region, with particular focus on Central Asia, Southern Caucasus, Western Balkan and Eastern Europe and the Russian Federation. The webinar will discuss possible ways forward towards more resilient, diversified and sustainable economic recovery post-COVID-19.
SCHEDULED SPEAKERS WILL INCLUDE:
- Mr. Richard Bolwijn, Head, Investment Research Branch, Division on Investment and Enterprise, UNCTAD
- Mr. Coleman Nee, Senior Economist, Economic Research and Statistics Division, WTO
- Mr. Maxim Medvedkov, Head, Department of Trade Policy, Higher School of Economics, Moscow
Q&A AND COMMENTATORS:
- Ms. Gulmira Kuzhagalieva, Senior Expert, QazTrade Center for Trade Policy Development, Kazakhstan
- Ms. Aisuluu Mambetkazieva, International Trade Consultant and Fellow, Asian Trade Centre, Singapore
- Ms. Elisabeth Tuerk, Director, Economic Cooperation and Trade Division, UNECE
The Geneva Trade Platform thanks Sergey Popov for financial contribution to this project.